Apple sauce must be one of the easiest things to make. Cooking it in a crock pot makes it even easier. I can’t even call this a recipe.
– Peel, core and quarter fresh apples.
– Place them in a crock pot set on high.
– Add flavorings if desired: ground cinnamon, whole cinnamon stick, vanilla, etc.
– Cover and cook until apples are roasted and soft enough to smash.
– Smash apples with a potato masher or other such device.
– Carefully pour sauce into a heat proof dish to cool.
Your apple sauce is now ready to eat or to use in your favorite recipe.
My little man could eat this entire container, if allowed. Maybe if I am fast enough, I can get some packaged and into the freezer – or not!
I have had little desire to be in the kitchen this summer. Between the heat…
View original post 50 more words